The table below shows you foods which can be accessed at each of the checkpoints, on the Lakeland 100 and 50 course. You should note the following:
1. Anything else you require should be carried from the start. It’s not possible to have personal food delivered to checkpoints.
2. The one exception to this rule is for Lakeland 100 competitors only, who can leave personal food in their drop bag to be collected at Dalemain.
3. Taking food from supporters or spectators is considered to be ‘outside the spirit of the event’, this is your personal challenge. Carry it or get it from the checkpoints.
4. Stashing food on the course beforehand is strictly against the rules and may result in DQ, drinking stream water and eating wild animals is allowed.
5. Upon reaching Ambleside, public houses, off licenses and the fish and chip shop are strictly out of bounds.
6. The event rules are very simple and fair for everyone: carry it from the start or take it from a checkpoint.
7. Dropping any litter on the course will not be tolerated, this will result in an immediate DQ.
8. It is impossible for us to enforce these rules, we rely on your good will to support and adhere to them.
You can see a list of checkpoints and food supplied below, THIS LIST IS NOT EXTENSIVE, IT IS THE MINIMUM YOU WILL FIND AT THE SPECIFIED CHECKPOINTS. Water is available at every checkpoint on the course.
|CP||Location||Food||Water||Juice||Cola||Tea / Coffee|
|3||Wasdale||soup, sandwiches, salt, crisps||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|4||Buttermere||Soup, bread, biscuits, salt, crisps||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|5||Braithwaite||pasta meal, rice pudding, biscuits, salt, jelly babies||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|6||Blencathra||cake, biscuits jelly babies||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|7||Dockray||soup, sandwiches, biscuits, salt, crisps||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|8||Dalemain||meat stew and veg stew, bread, pudding & custard, salt, jelly babies||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|9||Howtown||flapjack, biscuits, jelly babies||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|10||Mardale||soup, sandwiches, salt, crisps||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|11||Kentmere||pasta meal, salt, biscuits, jelly babies||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|12||Ambleside||soup, sandwiches, cake, salt, crisps||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|13||Langdale||meat stew and veg stew, bread, salt, biscuits, jelly babies||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|14||Tilberthwaite||Sandwiches, biscuits, flapjack, jelly babies||Y||Y||Y||Y|
*Sandwiches will be ham, cheese, jam and peanut butter (not all together, but any suitable combination should be expected).