Entries for the 2017 Montane Lakeland 50 & 100 will open Thursday September 1st at 9:00am, entries will be online only at http://www.sientries.co.uk. The event will take place 28th-30th July 2017.
There will be a total of 400 entries for the Montane Lakeland 100 and 650 entries for the Montane Lakeland 50. The cost of entry for 2016 will be £90 for the 50 miles event and £110 for the 100 mile event.
Runners can enter as a solo or as a pair (male / female / mixed categories). In 2017 there will be no teams of 3 for either the 50 or 100 mile events.
It is important for all participants to read the terms and conditions of entry prior to application. In the event of you cancelling, you will be refunded in part and the remainder of your entry fee will be given to charity. From June 1st 2017 onward, no refunds will be given. Once entered it is not possible to defer to 2018 and it is not possible to sell your place or transfer to another person. You must understand and agree to these terms before entering the event. There is NO WAITING LIST, once the event is full, no further places will be offered. If you miss out on general entries, September 1st, the only other method of entry is a charity place.
There will be an additional 250 charity places available at 9:00am September 8th 2016. These 200 places are not split / allocated specifically to either 50 or 100. The cost of charity entry for 2017 will be £90 for the 50 miles event and £110 for the 100 mile event. In addition, you will need to pay £100 towards charity which must be paid at time of entry. The total entry fee on September 8th will therefore be either £190 (50 event) or £210 (100 event).
Following your entry, you should then set up a Just Giving page linked specifically to our supported charity EPIC KIDZ to raise funds prior to the event. When you have raised £100 via Just Giving, email us and we will immediately refund the £100 of your entry fee. You can raise this money as quickly as you like and we will immediately refund the fee back to you.
There are 20 spaces reserved for elite runners. Applications must be made prior to February 28th 2017 and runners will be selected on that date.
Entry Requirements 50 Miles
There are no entry requirements for the 50 miles event. We recommend you have ran at least a marathon distance event beforehand and you should be capable of navigating over mountain terrain. At time of entry you have 11 months to prepare, by entering the event you are accepting this responsibility.
Entry Requirements 100 Miles
To gain a spot in the 100 miles event the criteria are as follows (1 of the 3 will suffice):
- You have completed the Montane Lakeland 50 in less that 16 hours in 2015 or 2016
- You have completed a different event of 50 miles over similar mountain terrain in less than 16 hours, in 2015 or 2016
- You have completed a mountain terrain ultra event between 60-100 miles (Montane Lakeland 100 or otherwise) in 2015 or 2016.
Road marathons, road/track ultras and Ironman triathlon will not qualify you for the 100 mile event. There are no other criteria other than those above, if you have not achieved the criteria above, then you should enter the 50 miles event with the aim of completing in less than 16 hours. You should then enter the 100 miles event the following year.
- If you enter the 100 miles event and do not fulfill the criteria, your entry will be refused.
- You will not be able to enter the 50 miles event as it’s likely that it will already be full.
- As part of your entry, you are asked to add your experience in a text box. If you leave this box blank, your entry will be refused.
- Once you have placed your entry, this is not a guarantee of acceptance. Once the event is full, all applications will be checked and we will inform everyone within 1 week of entries closing.
- If you are refused, you will be given a full refund of your entry fee.
We wish you the best of luck with entry and preparations. We look forwards to seeing you at the recce days throughout the next 11 months and at Coniston, July 28th 2017.